Why Your Business Is Failing OnlineLance Tamashiro
There are 2 ways that I can approach this blog post...
I can tell you what you want to hear. You know... you have probably heard some of these before:
- Your doing great building your online business
- All you need is to build a list and you'll be rich!
- Keep doing what your doing and you'll be living the "lifestyle"
and on and on and on...
I know this is what you want to hear...
How Do I Know?
Over the last 4 days I built a new list of 2,426 new subscribers (we can talk about that some other time) so that I could do a little experiment.
I sent them 2 "personal" videos showing them concrete actions they could take to actually stand out to their prospects and customers with a call to action asking them to leave a comment about how they were going to build a better business and relationship with their clients.
I Got HUNDREDS of Responses
And I personally replied with custom videos and emails going into detail about personalized action plans each person could do for their business.
These weren't big things. Just small tweaks and tips that would get them better results.
Of the over 100 personal responses I sent I got less then 7 replies. I am guessing those were the few people that actually read them.
Anyone Else Confused?
Why ask for help and then turn your back on it? If you constantly feel like you are getting the "short end of the stick" online, maybe it is time to take a real look at your business and start finding ways to build it into the machine you want.
Now here is what you need to hear.
Building an online business is not as different as you have been led to believe than building one offline.
You still have expenses, no matter what you have been led to believe.
- You still need an education
- You still need to do your homework
- You still need to DO SOMETHING that works
Here is the thing. I finally understand why SO many people fail online. They somehow believe that having a "business" online is like the gold rush.
They just push a button... money
They just build a big enough list... money
If the main focus of your business model is to "provide value" to your subscribers, I want you to think about the following...
HAVING to use deceptive headlines like
- "PayPal Is Not Accepting Payments Today..."
- "re: You Purchase"
- "Your Commissions Have Been Aproved"
etc, etc, etc.. followed up by a "free offer" to get even more junk from another marketer is NOT providing value.
Don't get me wrong, these are fun to use and can be very effective, but this is NOT a business model, there is a big difference.
Second, simply hoping that you can run a "numbers game" and get enough people on your list to click on a free crap offer and then run them through an endless cycles of upsells and exit popups is NOT providing value.
Are there places for upsells and exit popups and tactics like this? Of course! Just NOT the way you might be using them.
It's Time For You to Make a Stand and Take Responsibility for Your Business
It is about personal growth, relationships, passion and dedication.
If someone led you down the wrong path.. who's fault is that?
If you bought into a scam... who's fault is that?
If your not getting the results you want... who's fault is that?
The good news is you can start changing these things immediately and your business and your happiness will benefit as a result.
The real keys to online success are actually really simple
1) Provide REAL value, stand out and be yourself... No one can duplicate YOU
2) Study systems that have a proven track record from people that actually "walk the walk". If someone is telling you that you need to build a big list... do your homework and make sure they actually know how to do that. If someone tells you that you need a Facebook Fan Page with millions and zillions of fans. Make sure THEY have one. If someone tells you that you should build membership sites. Make sure THEY have successful membership sites (and not just the ones that teach you how to make one)...
3) Then rinse-and-repeat what ACTUALLY works.
Building an online business can be fun, profitable and extremely rewarding, but when was the last time you really got something GREAT without a little elbow grease.
So what are you going to change TODAY that will make sure you build a thriving, successful online business?